Study in Singapore
Study in Singapore: Studying in Singapore is a bright decision for people willing to have a successful career. Singapore's educational institutions are renowned globally for their quality standard of education and Singapore's education system is Asia's finest education system. The degrees of Singapore universities can have a significant impact on your carrer.
Singapore is a dream destination for countless overseas students planning to study at prominent universities like Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and the National University of Singapore (NUS).
What is Singapore Student Visa?
A Singapore student visa is an authorized document by the Government of Singapore provided to overseas students who plan to pursue full-time study courses in Singapore, especially the courses exceeding 30 days. The SOLAR system is a specific scheme developed by the Singapore Government (a student pass online application and registration system). It is the official registration department that monitors the student visa applications.
||Singapore Student Visa
||Up to 16 hours in a week
||Above the age of 19
||15 days to 4 weeks
Types of Passes
The candidates can obtain different passes to work in Singapore in varied categories:
|Training work permit
||Needed by students who are undergoing practical training for up to six months and semi-skilled foreign workers.
|Training employment pass
||Overseas employees undergoing practical training and should earn a minimum of $3,000/ month.
|Work holiday pass (under work holiday program)
||This pass is for candidates between the age group of 18 to 25 who would like to work and holiday in Singapore for just six months.
|Work holiday pass (under work and holiday visa program)
||This pass is for the candidates between the age group of 25 to 30 who would like to work and holiday in Singapore for just six months.
Documents Required for Student Visa Application
According to the guidelines defined by the SOLAR authorities of Singapore, here is the list of documents the candidate needs to submit while applying for the student pass:
- Proof of sufficient funds
- Letter of admission from the university.
- Valid Passport
- Recent Passport size photographs
- Birth certificate
- SOP, resume and three letters of recommendation (LORs)
- Visa fee receipt
- Three completed application forms
- Educational Qualification certificates
- Language proficiency result
- Travel insurance
- Health insurance
How to apply for a Singapore student visa?
Once the candidate has prepared all the necessary documents, they should start their application process. The application process might differ from university to university depending on where the candidate has gained admission. The candidate should check the official webiste of the Immigrations and checkpoints authority of Singapore to know precise information about their chosen university.
Following are the steps that a candidate's application goes through once they register for a Singapore study visa:
- After a candidate submits their student pass application, it takes a minimum of 15 days to a maximum of 4 weeks to process the visa.
- In some cases, the interview might not become a part of the process. It depends on the university where the candidate has received the admission; the candidate gets the information beforehand.
- The candidate receives the final processed visa through the courier, or else they can also collect it directly from the embassy.
- The candidate then needs to submit their Singapore student visa to the ICA two months before starting their academic sessions.
- The candidates who applied through the online portal should check their visa application by logging on to the website using their Unique Transaction Reference Number.
The success ratio for Singapore student visa
The success ratio of receiving a Singapore student visa is comparatively 90% higher than in other countries. But the candidate should keep a check on academic records, employment details, financial documents, valid passport, recent sized photographs, etc. while applying for the Singapore student visa to ensure a positive result.